Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Waste in the NHS

I've come across two posts on blogs which I enjoy. I commend both to you if you are curious as to why people like me think New Labour are full of shit when it comes to public services, being more concerned with their historical legacy than actually providing good services.

The first is an example of how pointless some of the exercises which take place in the NHS really are, from the estimable Dr John Crippen at NHS Blog Doctor, and is basically "How to have a crap, a user manual".

I kid you not.

The second is from Shiny Happy Person at Trick-cycling for Beginners. SHP describes the waste that is rampant in the NHS using a specific example.

Well, I say specific. This sort of thing goes on all the time.

I shall refrain from mentioning what others think of the way the Government spends billions on while hospitals and PCTs struggle to make ends meet.

Up the Revolution (and here's looking forward to the next election)!

No comments: