Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Thank you Andrew O'Hagan

I tend not to read newspapers. I don't have time.

But I do browse their websites from time to time, especially when health stories are prominent in the news.

An article in today's Telegraph (or rather on its website) has for once made me something other than angry.

I don't know who Andrew O'Hagan is, or what his usual political "colour" might be. But his comments about the NHS were an eloquent testimony to what I suspect is the view of most health professionals, whether medics or not.

So thank you Mr O'Hagan. Your concerns about political interference are recognised and shared, and your good wishes are appreciated.

2 comments:

Jobbing Doctor said...

Is this the Andrew O'Hagan who was born in Glasgow, and is on the editorial board of the London Review of Books and is a contributing editor to Granta?

Read is book Our Fathers (published by Faber and Faber) - it is his first novel and a terrific book.

Jobbing Doctor said...

This is probably to author of Our Fathers - an excellent book, published by Faber and Faber.